We specialise in:
- Industry groups
- Member-based organisations, and
- Educational organisations.
Charities and Not For Profit
We appreciate the changing legal environment in which these organisations operate and we stay up to date on all relevant issues.
Our team members play an active role with clients and we work with a wide range of not-for-profit organisations around Australia.
To help our not-for-profit clients minimise risk and remain compliant with relevant laws, our specialists provide advice on:
- Legal structures of their not-for-profit entities
- Endorsement as a deductible gift recipient
- Access to available tax exemptions
- Private and public ancillary funds
- Commercial law, including contracts and agreements
- Corporate governance
- Workplace relations
- Intellectual property, and
- Protection strategies.
We also advise on establishment of not-for-profit entities and can help our clients choose the structure that best suits their not-for-profit activities, while accommodating the varied needs of relevant interest groups.
For not-for-profit organisations, and charities in particular, transparency and accountability are essential. With this in mind, we provide legal advice on developing and running fundraising campaigns, complying with complex legislation and exceeding the minimum operational standards set by law.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our office.